Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A quote

From CriminalBrief's Robert Lopresti: "Somebody once said that the amateur writer feels guilty when he is writing, and the professional feels guilty when he isn’t."

Hmm. Where does that leave mothers who write? Somewhere in between amateur and professional - as both mothers and writers? Yeah, sounds about accurate.

(Lopresti went on to say, "I feel guilty either way which just proves I’m a writer who was raised Catholic.")

D.Z. Allen kindly published another of my short stories at Muzzle Flash. New readers: I write crime and horror fiction, so if this isn't your cup of tea, please don't be shocked by the rather gritty material that comes into my head. I swear it's a way of working out the demons!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

All right, I've officially flipped off my last cell-phone-weilding idiot driver.

Seriously, great story. Action, pathos, badass gadgets -- what's not to love?

6/6/07 8:49 AM  
Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

Christa-Why don't you ask Graham Powell to put your blog on crimespot?

7/6/07 9:57 AM  
Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

Nicely done.

And what's this about working out your demons? I thought the point was to give 'em space to move around in.

7/6/07 3:39 PM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks, Chris! That particular gadget was only an alert item in NYC as far as I know, and I believe it's only been *seen* in Europe... I think you're safe in Maine, where let's face it, if someone's going to shoot you they want you to know it. ;)

Patti - I don't focus on crime fiction in this blog, it's just a part of what I write. I'm not even sure why I post links to my stories, since most of the mama-writer-bloggers I read appear to prefer anything but crime fiction. But maybe if my Crimespace blog gets going, I will link to it then. Thanks for the thought.

Stephen - so that explains why the little bastards won't go away....

7/6/07 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home