Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spring has sprung

I saw robins on the grass yesterday. Robins!! In northern New England in March!!

Spring means new starts, so I'm bringing other news: now that the kids are more or less in a routine, my career is more or less back on track. To wit:

Spinetingler published one of my short stories, "Dream House," in its new Spring 2007 edition.

And in a moment of sheer insanity, I did an on-site interview in preparation for a new article. After I said I wasn't doing any more articles because I had no time or enough childcare to do interviews. However, this is local. That has less to do with arranging childcare than with the fact that it involves the fire department whose EMTs delivered my son... so everyone knows I have young kids. We'll see how that shakes out. I'm still querying markets for that one.

Meanwhile, I have my eye on other short story markets, including some contests. It's all about putting the work out there - especially when writing it can be agonizingly slow at times!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

Hey, glad to see that story get finally get out there in the real world.

Congratulations.

31/3/07 5:35 PM  
Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I just read it, Christa.

Damn. It's good. Real good.

Congratulations!

1/4/07 7:31 PM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Stephen, your critique was very much part of its success. Thanks again!

Mindy, coming from you, that's a huge compliment. :) Thank you so much!

2/4/07 1:02 PM  
Blogger Steve Allan said...

Congrats on the story.It's very good. And congrats on getting back into the thick of it all.

3/4/07 8:18 AM  
Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

A really great story. Loved it when I read it earlier and now too.

4/4/07 9:58 AM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks to you too, Steve and Patti (for the critique, too, Patti). Getting back into it feels pretty good!

4/4/07 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christa I really liked Dream House as well. Great story!

7/4/07 11:40 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

I'm gonna be the tenth or hundredth person to say: great story! And congratulations!

When I was a child, I used to think robin's eggs were the most beautiful thing. I think I only found one, but it was gorgeous!

7/4/07 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home