Thursday, February 15, 2007

We have a (blog) name

I'm happy to report that I finally came up with a blog name for Hamlet's little brother.

First, thanks to all for the suggestions. I seriously considered Horatio, but couldn't keep from associating it with David Caruso's highly annoying CSI: Miami character. (Sorry, CSI fans!) Other suggestions, including Romeo and Banquo, seemed premature without our knowing more about him.

Like his temperament. I considered our family nickname for him--"Grumpy"--but while it took into account the frown he's worn since birth, it did not consider his other moods: Sleepy, Fussy, Nursy, or yes, even Happy.

We arrived at the name quite by accident. It was a cold day and we were going out, so I dressed the baby in a turtleneck onesie and lined jogging pants. My husband* took one look at him and burst out laughing. "He looks like a Bulgarian mobster," he said. And you know, he did. I think it was the baby-fat jowls. And, well, the frown.

And so, folks, I give you: Boris.

*Bonus: husband gets a name too. Henceforth he will be known as "Rain Dog." *waves at the bevy of Tom Waits fans who read my blog*

4 Comments:

Blogger PT-LawMom said...

Boris - I love it! Great choice, Christa. :)

15/2/07 10:48 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Boris works.

So does "Rain Dog." But for that matter, so would "Geary's Winter." ;-)

Which of the mobsters in the photo you linked to, does "Boris" actually look like?

15/2/07 11:15 AM  
Blogger Steve Allan said...

Like Boris the Blade from SNATCH? Cool.

19/2/07 11:46 AM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks, folks.

Steve - I didn't see the movie and had to look it up, but yup, that sounds about like the persona we've given our boy. You saw the mugshot that is his newborn photo...

25/2/07 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home