Saturday, November 25, 2006

Welcome to the world

Just about fourteen hours after my last blog post, my second son arrived on this earth. So far he's managed to one-up his brother: Shakesperean though Hamlet's tantrums may be, the wee one's entrance itself was a tad more dramatic than any of us anticipated. Four hours of active labor (which, after the last week, I didn't believe was really that active until I was already in transition) brought us to the back of an ambulance, where a team of extremely professional paramedics delivered their first baby ever. They get to put a blue stork on their rig. I get to live with him.

So far, his main activities consist of nursing and sleeping. He appears to have become used to Hamlet's own extremely loud and incredibly close activities, because he sleeps right through them with nary a startle. We'll just see how long that lasts. As for Hamlet, he seems to be adjusting okay to his brother's existence. I think it helped that he got to see fire trucks and flashing lights. And that he doesn't have to share his toys. Yet.

I'm still thinking of a "blog name" for the little critter. Meanwhile, welcome to the world, son. I hope I can make it a good place for you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic news. So happy for you. Paramedics and firetrucks notwithstanding. Glad you and the little one are doing well.

25/11/06 9:40 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Beautiful news, Christa. Congratulations!

26/11/06 6:45 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

Congratulations! Hope you can get some rest.
Looking forward to hearing the name.

26/11/06 7:32 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Adding my congratulations, as well. As for the blog name, there *was* Hamlet's father's suggestion -- short and to the point. Not particularly sweet, though....

26/11/06 4:40 PM  
Blogger Adrith said...

Might I suggest "Horatio"? They did SEEM to get along well.

27/11/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Congratulations Christa. Glad to hear he arrived safe and sound, if a tad dramatic. I'm sticking with Romeo. We already know he has a flare for a dramatic entrance.

29/11/06 5:37 PM  
Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

This sounds way too exciting for my heart. Congrats to a great mother and writer.

3/12/06 8:05 PM  
Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I'm horribly late with this, but congratulations to you and your family. My children were born that same week. Thanksgiving will never be the same.

14/12/06 10:05 AM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks so much, everyone! As of this post, he continues to be a great baby, with a great big brother. I'm told that "good baby" makes for "wild toddler" though... yikes! Guess I'm glad Hamlet will be in full-day kindergarten by then!

15/12/06 1:58 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I can't believe I haven't checked your blog since sometime in November! Congratulations, Christa! :)

Um...the back of an ambulance sounds like an exciting way to arrive into the world. My hubby (who was once a medic) delivered a baby on a lady's dining room table (and I still can't figure out why she was on the table).

2/1/07 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home