Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An egregiously long hiatus

I just haven't had the time. Once the first-trimester exhaustion became the second-trimester glow (HA), I found myself needing to focus on two things: helping the husband find a new job, and saving money. So the freelance stuff took priority over nearly everything else. After the husband found the new job, and the deadlines were met, the priority became relaxation. We've had hectic summers, and we really wanted to spend this one enjoying ourselves and our boy. Sort of a last hurrah before three become four.

I'm coming out of the hole to offer two links. First, Silandara offers a matter-of-fact approach to nursing in public. If you've seen the flap over the Baby Talk cover, you'll appreciate her no-nonsense approach to her personal experience - which is very similar to mine, and one I hope to repeat once Hamlet's little brother makes his appearance.

The second link is to a guest spot on one of my favorite blogs, Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind, by one of my favorite authors, Julia Spencer-Fleming. Besides being a fellow Mainer (heck, she only lives two towns over), she has tackled some deeply emotional issues in her books: what happens when two true loves conflict; when personal convictions collide with religious doctrine; when small-town politics clash with small-town character. I hope this guest spot means she's thinking of starting her own blog, but in the meantime, she has a regular column at Crimespree.

Enjoy. In coming weeks, I hope to get back to blogging... at least until November!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Louisa said...

Cool links! I miss your entries, but totally understand your absence. :)

3/8/06 8:22 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Glad to have you back -- well, visit! LOL! Totally understandable; silly real world gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

Everyone needs a break or a shift in focus now and then. I've been taking it a bit easy this summer myself...but trying to mentally ramp up for homeschooling a kindergartener and a 5th grader this fall.

Well, and then there's the podcast, the writing, and my Mommy Vacation (me...alone...with my best friend for 4 days!).

Hope to see you back here again soon, but there's no pressure!

:-)

~pJ~

8/8/06 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for the link -- and congrats on the sibling for Hamlet! :) Good to see you around online again.

9/8/06 8:52 PM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks ladies! I'll be around, just not sure of the frequency - LOL. It's nice to hear from you all too!

15/8/06 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home