Thursday, September 13, 2007

Are you a writing parent with a book to promote?

Leave me a comment, or better yet, email me.

As far back as a couple of years ago, I was interested in supporting writing parents via this blog. I interviewed a few but was never really sure how to go about getting into it for real. Now that I've become involved with MotherTalk.com, that other bloggers have referred publicists to me and that those publicists have contacted me independently, I'm starting to think the promotional aspect of blogging is a good pursuit for me.

This doesn't mean that the tone of the blog will change. I'll still write about my experiences as a writing parent. But part of helping other parents isn't just validating their work; it's also celebrating their success and trying to further it.

So please - if you're a writing parent and you have a book coming out, let me know. I have limited time so I can't promise a book review, but we can talk about how you make it all work and plug your book at the same time. Sound like a deal?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a fantastic idea, Christa! There are so many new parent books out there that seem interesting but who has time to read them all? I'd love to hear more from a real mother about whether these books are worth my time!

14/9/07 11:46 AM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Thanks, LawMom - I'll be doing a mix of fiction and nonfiction, after all. That's been MotherTalk's mix as well, and one I enjoy.

So novelists are welcome to email too!

14/9/07 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home