Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

I support Barack Obama, and here's why:
"We let in the serpents and liars, we exchanged shining ideals for a handful of nails and some two-by-fours, and we did it by resorting to the simplest, deepest-seated and readiest method we possess as human beings for trying to make sense of the world: through our fear. America has become a phobocracy."

If you live in a state that's holding its primary today, or even after today, please: read Michael Chabon's excellent op-ed in its entirety. Then go out and be the idealist we need - and vote Obama.

2 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

Unfortunately, I live in a state where I had no opportunity to cast a meaningful vote.

5/2/08 2:33 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Patti: I live in a state where my vote doesn't count (it sure as heck didn't in Gore vs. Bush), but I still got out and voted last Tues. More to make a statement than anything else.

I fly the Obama flag on my myspace page by making him my number one "friend." But after watching the primary results tonight, looks like Hill is out in front.

Hmmm....

5/2/08 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home