Saturday, January 26, 2008

Giddy

For the first time in over a year, I can say it: I have the house to myself.

Rain Dog took both boys to his mother's house for a visit. Originally I was going to go too, but I have so much work and he could see how frustrated I was getting with the regular morning routine. His words: "All you'll be doing over there is thinking about what you're not writing, or you'll be on your PDA." I love that man!

I nursed Puck before he left, and he has his sippy cup and whatever food is available over there. Although I was a bit at a loss for what to do - deadline work, fiction, or yes, even some housework! - I've settled on the deadline stuff. If I can make a dent in that, I'll be in much better shape for the coming week.

So here I sit at my desk with my hot chocolate and my favorite work music. It's allll good.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Oh, *heaven.* Rain Dog isn't even one in a million -- he's one of a kind. I am *so glad* you have him!!

26/1/08 1:00 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Just sit and relax. Sometimes that is the most productive thing to do.

27/1/08 5:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

I recommend running around the house with your underwear on your head while drinking a Bloody Mary.

Works for me.

28/1/08 4:09 AM  
Blogger Mary Louisa said...

so, whatdya do????

28/1/08 1:35 PM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Me too, Mom!

Patti, I was sorely tempted to sit and watch Jason Bourne kick ass, but that would have been an egregious waste of precious time. Work it was. Bourne, maybe, in another couple of weeks.

Daniel, that's quite the image. Thanks. I think.

ML, I ended up working on an article that's due Friday. I hadn't started it yet, and although I didn't get a lot done, at least I got the momentum started.

Oh, and last night I got an interview done for another article due next week. It went really well, considering it was unexpected, and I'm psyched about that!

28/1/08 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had the house all to yourself and you actually worked?

I don't know if I should be impressed or cry.

I think movie time would have been calling me.

28/1/08 2:51 PM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Norby, trust me, movie time was calling loud and clear! But I would never have forgiven myself for squandering the time. I do enough of that already!

28/1/08 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home