Monday, July 25, 2005

Bad writer. Bad Mommy. Bad, bad, bad.

So it's 7 a.m., the child woke up early, and what am I doing? Well, what else? Reading an online novel. About zombies.

It's M.J. Rose's fault. She blogged about it. It's also David Wellington's fault. He writes so well. And it's my fault. I love reading and I love the zombie genre and I just let myself get sucked into things like this. Child? What child?

And Monster Island is part of a whole trilogy. I can foresee it now: I'll be stuck here for the next week reading this thing, and by the time I emerge, the Clifford theme song ringing in my head, I too will resemble a zombie.

And no, I'm not going to discuss the implications of a novel serialized in a blog. That would be like high school English class where the teacher took a novel you loved and picked it apart until you couldn't enjoy it anymore. No, I think M.J.'s succinct blurb was all that was needed to discuss those implications.

Five minutes to eight. Sesame Street comes on next. I'm good for another hour anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Aren't you going to post the link to the zombie novel? As a just-emerging-from-zombiehood grandmother, I'd like to visit the old neighborhood. /snerk

25/7/05 10:44 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Belay that last comment. Proof of zombiehood: ask question first, click later. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND, ZOMBIE!!!

25/7/05 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home