Monday, November 05, 2007

Little brother blues

I have about a dozen blog posts written and almost ready to go... now if only I could find the time to edit them, including find links to go with them. These last few weeks, however, have been so busy that the idea of writing the next novel renders me a quivering mass of jelly under the computer desk. The boys, they are needy. So, so needy. So incredibly needy. And whiny.

I would not be able to write this if I had both of them with me today, because right now, the little one is in his feeding chair beside me (I had to put him there, because he kept crawling under the desk, because wires are just so cool) yelling and beating his tray. Oh, and trying to make himself throw up. Somehow he associates gagging with being let out of his chair. So the ol' finger down the throat is what he does when we don't let him out right away.

So what was I saying? Oh, yes. If Hamlet were here (he is out with his Daddy today, who had promised him he would take a day off for just them), the yelling and gagging would be punctuated by... something. I don't care to contemplate what. Hamlet has been having a hard time lately, because oh dear dog, his brother started walking last week. Hamlet is no longer in control! The humanity!


So. Among the posts almost ready to go: a Q&A with Mark Terry about how he manages his life as a freelancing dad. Also, a post that follows up my review of The Black Widow Agency, about feminism and freelancing with kids. Both hopefully to come this week. After that, who knows? We're heading into holiday season.

Gah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) I don't know how you do it. That would drive me to drink (or vomit right along with him!)

5/11/07 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. ROFL on the Huge Manatee!!!

7/11/07 10:04 AM  
Blogger Mary Louisa said...

My sympathies, sister.

That IS a huge manatee!!

7/11/07 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home